The Maynard Jackson Cross Country team will begin practice on June 26, 2017. Practice will be starting at 8:30 AM and practice will be completed by 9:30 AM. You must have a physical on file to practice, if you are new to the team please bring your physical with you to practice. Practice is only an hour, we will be starting and finishing on time so please be there on time. Here are the important details as well as a practice schedule for the remainder of the summer.
Must have a PHYSICAL ON FILE
1. Bring your own water!! Humidity will be high all summer and you will need water.
2. We will meet at Maynard Jackson High School in the big field to the left of the school if you are facing the school from the street.
3. Parents, if your student does not have a physical on file and/or their physical is about to expire, you want to get that done so we do not have to worry about it later down the road.
4. If you can’t make practices during the summer, I understand, but please be running on your own so that you have some conditioning in August. If you are not at all conditioned by August, practices in August will be miserable for you.
Week of June 26 – 30: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday (8:30 AM – 9:30 AM)
Week of July 3 – 7: Thursday, Friday (8:30 AM – 9:30 AM)
Week of July 10 – 14: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday (8:30 AM – 9:30 AM)
Week of July 17 – 21: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday (8:30 AM – 9:30 AM)
Saturday Meets for Upcoming Season:
– We will be having a couple of Saturday meets this upcoming season and I wanted to give you the dates for them. If any more weekend races are added I will let you know as soon as we schedule them.
1. Saturday, August 26th (Battle of Atlanta) – we probably will not be taking the entire team since it will be early in the season, but we will make that determination later. This is a great spectator run as well, so parents and friends are well to join.
2. Saturday, September 16 (Boundary Waters) – this is where we have our region meet and will be great practice.